Thursday, July 2, 2009

Performance management

Performance management as discussed in our book in chapter 10 (p.321)is defined as "any system that track as gives feedback to employees about how well they are accomplishing objectives tied to their key dimension..." My employers use this technique at work frequently. Every month we have a meeting for the doctors to give us feedback as to how we are doing. Throughout the month if they notice that there is something that we need to be better about doing or they want to try something new in the system there is a list that records peoples concerns so that the doctors can address them at the next meeting. In addition to the once monthly meetings we have our review once a year. This review lets each individual know how they are doing, what their strong spots are and what they need to improve in.

1 comment:

  1. At my last job we only had reviews twice a year and I found them very unhelpful. Although I am a big fan of receiving feedback for my work, my employer never had anything of importance to say in them and ultimately I always felt they were wasting my time. I knew that I was good at my job and although it was nice to hear them say it, they never gave me anything that I could improve on and thus their feedback was almost worthless. Therefore, I think that if managers are going to have feedback meetings with their employees, it is important to not only tell them what they are doing well, but also what they can improve upon.

    ReplyDelete